- Pavilion (opposite JW Marriott on Jalan Bukit Bintang)
- Lot 10 (approx 200 meters from JW Marriott on Jalan Bukit Bintang)
- Times Square (approx 500 meters from JW Marriott on Jalan Bukit Bintang)
- KLCC (next to Petronas - next to famous KL Twin Towers)
Cinemas & Theme Parks
- Golden Screen Cinemas (on the 3rd floor of Pavilion Mall on Jalan Bukit Bintang)
- Indoor Theme Park (on the top floor of Times Square Mall)
- Sunway Lagoon (water theme park on Petaling Jaya)
- Genting highlands (approx. 1 hour drive from Bukit Bintang)
Things to do & see......
- Petronas Towers (they give first 100 people free pass to cross the towers as the two are connected, you should reach early around 7:30 am if you want to go). Mondays are closed.
- Menara also called KL / Telecom Tower. At the top of this tower, there is a revolving restaurant with a picturesque view of KL and especially Petronas Towers. This tower is around 900 feet around the same height as that of Eiffel Tower. If you want to have food there, you need to do reservation in advance from your hotel reception.
- Gentang Highlands (around 45 minutes drive outside KL with all sorts of interesting rides and casinos)
- Cameron Highlands (tea gardens around 2 hours drive outside KL)
- China Town (cheap replicas of all sorts of branded wrist watches)
- Putrajaya (purpose built capital of Malaysia, its close to airport while driving from KL airport to KL city, there is a turning on the right side)
- DiGi is worth seeing as well
- Starhill Gallery (inside JW Mariott hotel on Jalan Bukit Bintang)
- On Jalan Bukit Bintang inside Lot 10 Mall close to JW Mariott. There is a factory outlet and you will be surprised to find branded T shirts, shirts, pants etc for as low as Malaysian Ringgit 25
- On Jalan Bukit Bintang next to McDonalds you will find Giordano, usually there is sale on that store round the year
- Pavillion and KLCC are all full of branded stores, while Lot 10 and Times Square is relatively cheaper with other brands as well
- Metrojaya is good in terms of prices
- Electronic malls 5 min walk from Pavillion mall close to metro station
- Bargain for anything you buy in KL as you are likely to get substantial discounts
- Langkawi island is duty free so you must shop from there as the same are sold in KL at premium
- Get well oriented with KL city as it is mostly around Jalan Bukit Bintang, the cab driver will charge you RM 10 or RM 15 and you will be surprised that he took you through a long distance. Although if you had good orientation, you could have simply walked. I experienced it couple of times.
Other attractions apart from beach on this island includes: